Act from Home for Homes! Portland City commissioners will be voting May 14th on proposed code and zoning amendments that will remove barriers to affordable housing development on faith community land (click for a summary of the requested changes).
You can read more about it here:
- Maria’s Testimony (and the testimony as it appears submitted to the city)
- The Testimony Worksheet
- Submit Testimony online at Portland Maps
- Expanding Opportunities for Affordable Housing official document
Show your support from home by calling and submitting online testimony that includes the following statement:
“[Our congregation/organization is – I am] a Leaven Community Land & Housing Coalition member. I fully support the code and zoning changes proposed by BPS and Portland Planning and Sustainability Commission to remove barriers to affordable housing development on faith community land.”
If you would like to speak on behalf of upzoning the St. Philip property, please add this:
[We, I, Faith Community] would like to request that the property at 120 NE Knott Street be granted a CM3 designation. A CM3 designation would be more consistent with adjacent development, would allow St. Philip to provide significantly more affordable housing at a site with excellent access to transportation, and gives St. Philip the leeway to explore community-oriented ground floor and outdoor spaces.
If you would like to learn how to act from home for homes together, please join us at the following virtual house meetings:
- May 4th, 5-6:15pm, Housing Happy Hour with Chris Craun and Melissa Reed
- May 6th, 7-8:15pm, Housing Nightcap with Maria McDowell and Chris Craun
- May 7th, 3:30-4:45pm, Housing Noshes with Maria McDowell and Joshua Dunham
All meetings will be via Zoom:
- Zoom Link (click to automatically open in the app on your device)
- If you need to enter the meeting manually or dial-in for audio:
- Meeting ID: 924 2000 7053
- Password: 611313
- Dial in: 971 247 1195 US
- One tap mobile: +19712471195,,92420007053#,,#,611313# US
You may call Portland City Council Commissioners directly:
- Mayor Ted Wheeler, 503.823.4120
- Commissioner Jo Anne Hardesty, 503.823.4151
- Commissioner Amanda Fritz, 503.823.3008
- Commissioner Chloe Eudaly, 503.823.4682
Or, you can submit your written testimony directly online.
REMEMBER, VOTE to support HOMELESS SERVICES FUNDINGby May 16th. The research meetings with Leaven Community Land & Housing Coalition partners over the last 6 months have revealed this is the most exciting tool to fund necessary services and support our faith communities MUST HAVE in order to create truly affordable, supportive housing.